Break the Silence Support Line
Offering Survivors Help, Hope, and Healing
The Break the Silence Support Line works to connect survivors of domestic abuse to the help they are seeking. We understand what others don’t. Created for Victims of Domestic Violence by Victims of Domestic Violence – our mission is to let victims and survivors know that they are never alone.
When you call 855-BTS-1777, one of our volunteer advocates will match your needs with available resources from private and public health and human service agencies, then link you directly to the right person, agency or organization that can help.
Types of Referrals our Support Line provides:
- Basic Human Needs Resources – including food and clothing banks, shelters, rent assistance, and utility assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources – including health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health resources, health insurance programs for children, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, and drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation.
- Work Support – including financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance and education programs.
- Access to Services in Non-English Languages – including language translation and interpretation services to help non-English-speaking people find public resources
- Children, Youth and Family Support – including child care, after-school programs, educational programs for low-income families, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring and protective services.
- Suicide Prevention – referral to suicide prevention help organizations.
- Those who wish to donate time or money to BTSADV can also do so by calling 1-855-BTS-1777.
Help is available.
Healing is possible.
Make the call. Now is the time to start healing.